Russian visa instructions
Applying for a visa to Russia can be tricky as the procedure is rather complicating. First, you need to get an official Russian visa invitation, then fill out an official application form, and etc. But the good news is that all of our package tours already include full visa processing or comprehensive visa assistance.
What is required to apply for a Russian visa
- An official Russian visa invitation (sometimes also called visa voucher)
- A filled out and printed Russian visa application form (the form must be filled out on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: https://visa.kdmid.ru/PetitionChoice.aspx)
- Original passport, which must be valid 6 months after arrival from Russia and must have at least 2 consecutive empty pages for the visa stamp
- 2 passport-size photos (please check the required size for your country on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Usually it takes up to 3 weeks for the Consulate to process your documents and issue your visa. If you need it urgently the procedure can be expedited for extra charge.
- The Consulate may request you to provide additional documents and information such as travel insurance, hotel reservation confirmation, round-trip tickets to Russia, a contract for provision of tourist services, a detailed itinerary in Russia.
- If you plan to enter the country more than once during your trip, you are required to have a double-entry or multi-entry visa.
- The ideal time to start your visa procedure is 2-3 months prior to departure. Please note that we recommend not to make any non-refundable bookings for your trip until you receive your passport with the visa stamp back from the Consulate.